- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Digital Photography for Beginners
March 30 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Thursday, happening 5 times
Fundamentals of digital photography for beginners – 5 weeks
Ages 15 and up
What will you learn?
- You will understand the basics of digital photography.
- You will understand lenses and how to get good focus.
- You will learn composition and how to distinguish your photos from snapshots.
- You will understand proper exposure and how to get it.
- You will understand the importance of lighting to tell your story.
Week 1: Technical foundations/learning your gear – how to turn your camera on, change and select lenses
Week 2: Aperture, shutter speed, ISO – look at Depth of field, lighting, tripod
Week 3: Composition – Rule of thirds, exposure, lines/dots/Symmetry/Framing/pattern
Week 4: How to use a flash and reflectors
Week 5: Course wrap up
What do you need for class?
- A camera and the accessories that go with it. (I have a Canon EOS 7D and various lenses, but any Digital Camera will be fine as long as it has a manual mode).
- Memory card for your camera
- Laptop (if you have it)
- Thumb drive or External Hard Drive (32 GB minimum) (Not needed week 1, so feel free to ask at Week1)